Pages

18 April 2011

Hello ...Me again

Thought I'd show the cards I made for my wonderful Mum and Mum in law for Mothers Day. Both are easel cards, the decoupage images I used were from Joanna Sheen Nostalgia by Fay Whittaker.
I really love these, they are so easy to cut out and look far better in real life. 
The little girls were for Mum as she has 3 girls, and the boys for MIL as she has 2 boys, quite apt I thought.


A touch of crystal glitter on the dresses, red glitter on the bows, and red ultra fine flowersoft mixed with glitter around their hats. On the base I used some prima flowers distressed with Tim Holts ink. I know it looks cockeyed but it was just a very odd angle I took the photo, lol..


The base image is an insert from a disk by Donna at Bearly Mine designs, printed and decoupage, there are some lovely inserts on the cd, and wonderful service from Donna. By the way check out Donna's candy on her blog.


The story goes,I ordered the disk, about week later I still hadn't received it, so I got in touch with Donna who told me she'd posted it the day I ordered it, so it must have got lost in the post, without question she said she would send out another one to me..which I received within 2 days, guess what a few days later the original one she sent arrived,(it took almost 2 weeks to get here) I emailed her to let her know I'd received it, when I got home that night I had an email from her saying not to send it back and to keep it..but I'd already sent it back to her. I think I'll be buying more of her papers and inserts soon. Check them out here. As far as the post office is concerned well........... your guess is as good as mine as to where it was for 2 weeks..wasn't at the local sorting office as I phoned them to check.



 Again on this one I used one of Donna's inserts, decoupaged it and used some small roses. The smaller image is the whole of the insert used on the card.


Oh guess what.... Whoopee.. I won the Ribbon Girls Candy,
thank you, gorgeous pink ribbons, some button & stamps all lovely, lucky me..   



Would love to know what you think...

11 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

OMG Chris these are just so beautiful darling I love this style and the vibrant colours
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! Chris, two beautiful cards, both adorable in their own way. Images are stunning and I love your design. So nice to see you blogging again. It's been too long.
Hugs
Suzi x

My'scardcorner said...

2 beautiful cards Chris bet both mum and mum in law thought so too. Like the idea of how you decided with the boys and girls....Well done on winning some candy enjoy playing with it:0)
Hope blogger behaves and lets me leave this message this time.
Myrax

Sarah said...

Both are stunning cards! xx

CraftyC said...

These are both gorgeous easel cards Chris. The images are just adorable!
Clairex

Nilla said...

Wow, adorable cards! What a fabulous design! Have a great weekend! Hugs Nilla

Oma said...

Beautiful cards Chris! I'm sure the Mums will love them.

Debs said...

Hi Stranger, great to see you back again, looks like you've been busy, I love Donnas papers aswell such a talented nice lady, love what you've done. I'm sure the Mums will be so pleased with them
Hugs Debs

uhooi said...

Waw,, This card is very nice and cool

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Louise Emma said...

Hi Chris, lovely to see you blogging hun! Wow your easel cards for mum and MIL are gorgeous x Love those JS images x

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Chris these are beautiful love them
Jacki xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin